CCTV plays a huge role in-home or office security in today’s society. The CCTV cameras around us help us feel a higher level of security. However, there are different types of CCTV cameras in the market that are suitable for different situations or premises. It is very important to choose the right camera in the right place. Here are some different types of CCTV cameras that will help you choose the right CCTV for you.
9 Most Popular different types of CCTV cameras
- Bullet CCTV Cameras
- Dome CCTV Cameras
- PTZ Pan Tilt & Zoom Cameras
- C-Mount CCTV Cameras
- Infrared/night vision CCTV Cameras
- Network/IP CCTV Cameras
- High Definition (HD) CCTV Cameras
Bullet CCTV Cameras
This cameras are long and cylindrical and capable of observing long distances. Bullet cameras are commonly used outside the home or office. The casing of these bullet cameras is resistant to water, dust, and dirt. The cameras can be easily fitted with fixed or varifocal lenses depending on the requirements.
Bullet cameras benefits
- Resistant to dust and dirt
- Able to observe long distances
- It is also good in natural disasters
- Easy to use
Use of bullet cameras
These can be used in various factories, property maintenance. Bullet cameras also provide good quality pictures and monitoring messages. This is why bullet cameras for outdoor operations are used as the best CCTV.
Dome CCTV Cameras
Dome cameras have been named for their dome-shaped casing. This camera is resistant both inside and out. It also works well in night-light settings due to its built-in infrared LEDs. All cameras can transmit video signals over the Internet so that footage can be viewed at any time.
Dome cameras benefits
- It can be placed anywhere in the home or office
- Covers huge areas
- Some cameras are packed with night vision
- The cameras rotate 360-degrees
Use of Dome cameras
These cameras are used in restaurants, churches, and casinos. Since it can cover all places, it is best used in churches or restaurants as an indoor CCTV camera.
PTZ Pan Tilt & Zoom Cameras
It is a camera with pan, tilt, and zoom functionality. It is possible to have complete control over the record through these cameras. Lenses could be turn left or right under our control. Can also be zooming or out. Looking up or down it can be controllable. It can monitor live video feeds from anywhere.
PTZ Pan Tilt & Zoom cameras benefits
- Focus can be done by zooming in or out
- Can be rotated 360 degrees by having pan and tilt features
- Can be controlled by setting it up automatically
- Live video feeds can be monitored
Use of PTZ Pan Tilt & Zoom cameras
Since it can be set up and controlled automatically, it is used where there are valuable resources. Live video feeds monitor all movements via zoom in or out.
C-Mount CCTV Cameras
This CCTV cameras have the advantage of using special lenses that can cover distances of more than 40 feet. These cameras are very large so all criminal activities are easily visible.
C-Mount CCTV cameras benefits
- Can cover distances of more than 40 feet
- Can cover huge space
- The camera is protective in cold environments
Use of C-Mount CCTV cameras
It is used for surveillance on the premises of your house or the street outside. The weatherproof housing is used.
Infrared/night vision CCTV Cameras
These cameras are designed to observe black spots. This means that good quality recording can be done through this camera day or night using infrared technology.
Infrared/night vision CCTV cameras benefits
- Clear recording can be done in the dark for infrared LEDs
- Infrared cut filters help in recording during the day
- Clear images are also available in the presence of fog, dust, or smoke
- Records colorful images during the day
- Records black and white at night
Use of Infrared/night vision CCTV
Since it is possible to record at night, they are used in banks, farms, etc.
Network/IP CCTV Cameras
These cameras allow live footage to be accessed from anywhere via the Internet. This is a best camera for accessing online recordings.
Network/IP CCTV cameras benefits
- Recordings can be viewed online anytime from anywhere in the world
- Footage can be easily accessed and saved online
- Does not require much maintenance
Use of Network/IP CCTV
These cameras are usually used by company owners because all the activities of the employees can be seen and recorded directly through this camera.
High Definition (HD) CCTV Cameras
HD CCTV cameras are designed for high-quality recording. It is available in Dome or Bullet models. The cameras have a resolution of 720p and up to 4K.
HD CCTV cameras benefits
- Captures perfect images
- Provides clear recording with zoom function
- Available in Dome or Bullet models
Use of HD CCTV
These cameras are used where there is a risk of criminal activity.